Buy Retrobooster from either of these distributors. The distributor will also supply you with a Steam key after your purchase.
"Retrobooster is an extremely polished indie game with excellent graphics that offers many hours of challenging gameplay."
- Steven Smith, TruePCGaming
"Each level is unique in its own way; some will have heavy puzzle elements whilst others will have legions of enemies to clear out. The differences between them mean that no two levels ever feel the same, and they are always throwing new ideas your way."
- Mike Stubbsy, God is a Geek
"The physics engine felt extremely responsive and created a gravitational experience unique to this game."
- Sharon Coone, Twinfinite
"Retrobooster seems designed to screw up your life, but honestly, and to your face, without half-truths or tricks."
- Juan Manuel Moreno, Nivel Oculto (English translation)
Retrobooster is a reinvention of the cave-flyer for players who love games of skill. You control an extremely responsive ship, which opens up new possibilities for speed flying challenges, puzzles, and bullet hell scenarios. At its core this is an old school action game, plus updated visuals and audio and new types of levels.
This game is set at 1980s difficulty--not just the flying and shooting but the puzzles as well. Survive it if you can.
If you are not certain Retrobooster will work on your computer, try the playable demo.
||Windows (WinXP requires SP3)
Linux (Try the demo first on older distros)
||Intel Core 2 Duo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0GHz
||NVidia GeForce 8xxx or 9xxx Go
AMD Radeon HD 4xxx or 7xxxM
Intel HD Graphics 2500 (have not yet tested 2000 or 3000)
Powered by OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, SDL, and SDL_mixer.
- Up to 4 players split-screen
- Cooperative and deathmatch modes
- Keyboard and mouse
- USB game controllers
- Master classic thrust ship controls, plus reverse thrust
- Enjoy detailed physics (with plenty of death by crushing)
- Navigate 30+ increasingly diabolical levels
- Unlocked levels can be replayed any time
- Unleash 10 fierce weapons on a galaxy of enemies
- Challenge yourself with 4 difficulty levels
- Split-screen multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Cooperative and deathmatch multiplayer modes
- Electronic soundtrack by Subatomicglue frontman, Kevin Meinert
Is it safe for my kids?
There is violence in Retrobooster, but nothing approaching the realism of contemporary war games. In Retrobooster you can:
This video is an excellent example of the level of violence you can expect.
- Splatter vicious galactic monsters with many legs (and juicy guts)
- Crush tiny people (with blood)
- Set tiny people on fire